Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Adjusting to life with 3

I have wanted to post for awhile not but for some reason I haven't found the time. Ha! But, in all honesty, so far so good in the Ramsey house. I am sure I will be singing a totally different tune next week when Daddy goes back to work! But for now, we are just enjoying having our sweet little Jack home and in our arms! The big kids are doing well and seem to be enjoying their new brother. Max refers to Jack as "my baby" and Sophie either calls him "Baby Jack" or "Baby Brother". She is a good little mommy and is quick to help if I need it!

On Friday Nick and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary! (again I had really good intentions of posting all about that!) Of course with a 4 day old baby we chose to celebrate by getting a bottle of wine, Qdoba, and watching TV! It was lovely though! Very low key! Which is kind of an ironic way to celebrate such a crazy first 5 years of marriage! In 5 years we have lived in 4 different houses, 2 different cities, and had 3 children! I wouldn't have it any other way!

On Saturday Nick's parents came and spent the day with us and got to meet Jack for the first time. It was a very nice low key day and the big kids had a great time playing! Nick and I even got a chance to sneak away to Target for about half an hour while Grandpa and Grandma stayed with the kids! I was glad they got to come and see Jack while he is still so little!

And of course this week we are gearing up for Sophie's 2nd birthday! I can't believe she will be 2! We are going to have my family over and have a little Minnie Mouse birthday celebration. At this point (and maybe forever) I like to keep birthdays special but simple. I love to just spend the day celebrating our children with the people who love them most!

Well, since Nick and Max are out and Sophie and Jack are napping I think I am going to take this opportunity to turn on the TV and veg for a few moments while I have the chance! I will be back soon... with pictures!

2 comments:

  1. it does my anxious heart good to hear that life with 3 is doable. :)

    i like to keep birthdays special and simple, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect 5 years to me! Glad to hear everyone is doing well in the Ramsey house!

    ReplyDelete