Thursday, September 13, 2012

Christian Heroes Then and Now

CHRISTIAN HEROES: THEN & NOW<br>Brother Andrew: God's Secret AgentCHRISTIAN HEROES: THEN & NOW<BR>2-for-1 Special
I saw this series of books recently and Pinned them on Pinterest. The series is called Christian Heroes Then and Now and they are short biographies of different heroes of the Christian faith such as C.S. Lewis, Corrie Ten Boom, Elisabeth Elliot, Brother Andrew, etc. I thought they would be neat read-alouds for homeschooling in a few years. And, I still think they will! But, a friend at church mentioned she had been getting them from the library and reading them herself. I hadn't even considered it since they are written for an older children/young adult audience. But, if I can read Twilight and The Hunger Games surely I could read this series!

And oh my goodness I am enjoying them so much! They are easy to read but very informative and encouraging. I love the idea of reading biographies of Christians who did amazing things and finished the race well. So inspiring. I just recently finished Brother Andrew and C.S. Lewis and they were both great.

If you are looking for something easy to read yet encouraging and faith building I highly recommend this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment