Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Accountability

I am about a month and a half into my New Years resolutions. Some are coming along better than others. But, two of them are going really well. And I realized that those two have one common thread... accountability. For both of those resolutions I have an accountability partner.

One of my goals was to read through the Bible in a year using a reading plan. My dear friend Crystal (who is soon abandoning me moving for a job opportunity for her husband) decided to do the same thing this year. So, we have chosen to text each other daily after we finish our readings.

One of my other goals was to stick with menu planning. My dear friend Christina had a similar goal. So, we also have chosen to hold each other accountable in this area through texting. Almost daily one of us will send a text out asking, "what's for dinner?".

Accountability is such a neat thing. I know Crystal isn't going to give me a hard time if I get behind on my readings... and I know Christina isn't going to give me a long lecture if I ditched making lasagna and drove though Wendy's... But, knowing that these girls are probably going to ask really helps me to stay focus and makes me really think twice before getting derailed.

I hadn't really heard of "accountability partners" or anything like that before becoming a Christian. And honestly, up until recently, it was more of a buzz word than anything to me. But, now, I am finding that there is so much value in it. Walking along someone, encouraging each other, is such a neat way to work towards your goals and stay on track!

Crystal and Christina, thank you for being awesome accountability partners. Let's keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment