Friday, January 2, 2015

Christmas 2014 Recap!

I am so sad that it is January 2nd! Christmas and New Years just flew by! I am always so sad when the holidays are over. It just feels like such a let down after all of the excitement and build up! Plus, then you have to go back to normal everyday life. Everyday life where apparently sugar cookies are not an acceptable breakfast and wearing an antler headband and jingle bell earrings to Target is looked at as odd (for the record I only did one of those things... you can guess which).

We had a really wonderful Christmas. I feel like we really hit our stride as a family and figured out what worked best for us. I feel like we had the perfect mix of fun, family time, and down time. And I didn't over-commit myself this year so our house had a much happier mama presiding over the festivities!

The Sunday before Christmas we celebrated Christmas with my mom's side of the family. My mom hosted the party our at their new house and it was perfect. Their new house is perfect for entertaining and looks gorgeous decorated for Christmas. Also of note is that my Uncle Ed made the most fabulous deviled eggs ever. I might have had 6.

The night before Christmas Eve our "little" family of six celebrated what we referred to as "Ramsey Family Christmas Eve". We had shrimp and ribs for dinner and played some games. Then the next morning we had "Ramsey Christmas" where we opened presents as a family and had a special breakfast. It was fun to start some new traditions as a family and our kiddos were at really fun ages this year to enjoy Christmas. We spent the day just watching movies and playing with the kiddos new toys.



That evening (Christmas Eve) we met up with my parents and sister, brother-in-law and nephew at a Japanese hibatchi restuarant. It is one of our favorite Christmas traditions. It is fun getting all dressed up and the food is always amazing. Afterwards we headed to my parents to spend the night there.  The evening consisted of huge stuffed animals, Christmas jammies, and games.






Christmas morning we opened presents with my family and then had a wonderful lunch. We were able to spend the whole day with my family enjoying time together and didn't head home until evening. I think we went straight to bed when we got home!


I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas! I am hoping to be back with a New Years update soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment