Friday, December 10, 2010

Joy

Last Sunday at church our wonderful pastor did a sermon on joy. It spoke to me so much! He talked about how the joy of the Lord is not dependent on our circumstances. Totally what I needed to hear! I am one of those people that REALLY lets things get to me. I often let little things (and big things) steal my joy and put me in a grumpy mood and take over my life. I want everything to always be peaceful and happy. But, we live in a fallen world and that is just not going to happen all that often! We will have trouble, in fact, God guarantees it!

 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33


But, after learning all this I feel like I was really put to the test this week! I feel like situation after situation has come up and I have let things start to steal my joy. I let myself get down. But, I feel like because of this sermon I handled things better than I would have before! I have reminded myself of Truth and am really feeling joyful despite a really hard week.

I am so thankful that God met me in church last week and made sure that I received the lesson I would need for the coming week.

Speaking of having joy... my joy comes from knowing Jesus Christ as Lord... but, these little people make me feel pretty joyful too, even on hard days!

1 comment:

  1. Your kids are so cute Katie! Words don't even do justice to the joy mine give me. You're right, it's easy to let things steal our joy. I'm guilty in that department too, but I've been working on it as of lately. Glad God spoke to your heart last Sunday. He's an amazing God isn't he?

    ReplyDelete