Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Middle of the night ramblings...

Well, it is 2am and I can't sleep! Not so much fun! So, I thought I might give a little update on what our family is up to lately. I mean, what else do you do when you are up in the middle of the night and can't sleep besides blog? Ha!

Anyway, we took Max to the doctor last week to address his behavior and irritability issues. I was just feeling like it was beyond what is normal for a 4 year old (obviously 4 year olds are going to be cranky sometimes!). So, our doctor is having us make some sleep and diet changes. So far the change has been huge which is crazy considering it has been just a week! But, I am having a hard time getting used to the new diet. I feel like the only things I can give Max are fruits, veggies, meat, and dairy! Ha! (Yeah, basically the diet we should all be eating anyway! But still!) Plus, she has him taking a nap/rest time again. I can't begin to tell you what a sanity saver it has become to have a little down time in the day where all three kids are sleeping. I didn't realize how even when Max was playing peacefully as long as someone is up I wasn't really relaxing. We are keeping this up until kindergarten!

Jack turned 11 months old on Saturday. Can you believe it? I can't wrap my mind around it. I never thought a year could fly by so fast. With every kid time seems to just speed up even more! It is beyond crazy! How can my sweet baby be less than a month from turning one? But, he is ready for it! Oh my goodness is he a crazy baby! My calm little laid back baby has turned into a man on the move. Every moment that he is awake and not restrained in his high chair is spent trying to get into trouble. Trying to get up the stairs or into cabinets or to climb on top of his siblings... yeah, good times. He wears me out! Thank goodness he is so adorable!

I guess since I updated on the other two I should give a shout out to my little Sophster. She is doing good! I can't believe she is almost 3! She is potty trained except for at night which is nice! It has been almost three years since I have had only one kid in diapers so that in itself feels like a little vacation! She is pretty much a little grown-up girl. She knows what she wants... and 90% of the time that is her Daddy. She makes us laugh and as long as she isn't tired she is pretty much the sweetest thing ever. She has started calling people "girl" or "boy" appropriately... At the 4th of July she was calling my Aunt Teri "Girl". She would be polite but it was like, "Excuse me girl, could I have a drink?" It was cracking us up.

And let's see, I guess that makes it Nick's turn. He is good. Skinny. But good. He has lost almost 50 pounds in the last year. This past weekend he ran 4 miles a day... you know... just because. Ha! But seriously! He looks great! And I had to buy him size 32 pants this week! He said he hasn't been this small since jr. high!

And me. Well, I am good. But, so busy. My friend Heather moved today and that is really bumming me out. Thank goodness for phones because I need a little Heather in my days and so I am glad I will still get that! I have been super busy lately. I feel like I am out so much in the evenings lately which is not my favorite thing. But, it has all been fun. I am taking a Bible study at Element Church which has been amazing. This week was about our value in Christ... life changing stuff. It is also Muny season so I have gotten to go see Legally Blond the Musical and Kiss Me Kate so far! On Thursay my sister-in-law and I are going to see The Little Mermaid! I am really excitied.

All right, well... I guess I should try to sleep! Wish me luck! (Although by the time anyone reads this it will be morning and too late, but thank you for the thought anyway!)

No comments:

Post a Comment