Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Weight Watchers... 5 days in...

Last Friday I mentioned that I was going to start doing Weight Watchers online.  I am on day 5 and thought I would let you all know how it is going!

So far so good! Sadly, I think this is the longest I have stuck with something without cheating at all! Ha! Sad. But true. I think my favorite part about the program is that "cheating" is built in. I get 26 points a day but then an additional 49 points for the week to use whenever. I love that because there are always those events that come up where you really have to eat something that isn't in your plan and I like that this plan allows for that. So far I have only used 2 of my weekly points.

Here are my favorite things about using Weight Watchers Online so far:

  • I am eating way more fruits and veggies than I used to. I have always been decent but now I get them in at every meal and snacks
  • I am drinking more water
  • I am so much more conscious of mindless eating
  • I feel like I am learning to make good choices... if I know I want a cookie after dinner I know that I have to make sacrifices earlier on in the day for that to happen
  • I am getting a better idea of which foods I should be eating and which ones I need to limit
  • I am discovering some great healthy recipes that our whole family is enjoying (hello! Skinnytaste.com anyone? Her recipes are delish and lists all the nutrition info and the points on every recipe!)
The cons:
  • It is a little tricky to eat things other people cook (I have decided to try to not use up my weekly points so that there is a little bit of a buffer when I am guessing about how many points are in some foods)
  • It can be a little bit of a pain to log everything I eat... but then it is a really good thing
I will keep updating! But, for now, I feel like it has been a great choice for me and I feel like I really am learning a new lifestyle as they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment