Tonight in order to use up a few more apples I decided to make a homemade apple crisp! The hubs and I were having a late dinner sans kids (I made this again, oh yeah!).
I looked up a few recipes and kind of mashed together what I liked and came up with this one!
- 5 or 6 apples (I used a mixture of what I had from apple picking)
- 1/2 C. butter, softened
- 1 C. sugar + a little for sprinkling
- 1 C. flour (I used whole wheat flour)
- 1 C. old fashioned oats
- a sprinkle of cinnamon
- Peal, core, and slice apples
- Place apples in a pie plate
- Combine butter, 1 C. sugar, flour, and oats in a food processor until crumbly
- Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over apples
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over apples
- Bake at 350 degrees or until done
P.S. I have added a place at the top right corner where you can subscribe to Life With the Little R's via e-mail. I don't always add new posts to Facebook and so if you don't have something like Google Reader you might miss a post or two. So, feel free to subscribe and have new blog posts delivered straight to your inbox!