Thursday, February 16, 2012

Mommy

"Mommy." She said it and I knew. She was mine. I was captivated. Because Mommy is forever.


It's such a powerful name. Mommy means "I trust you." Mommy means "You will protect me." Mommy is for shouting when you need someone dependable and for laughing with when you are excited; Mommy is for crying on and cuddling with when you are sad or giggling and hiding behind when you are embarassed. Mommy is the fixer of boo-boos and the mender of broken hearts. Mommy is a comfort place, a safe place. Mommy means you are mine and I am yours and we are family.


excerpt from Kisses from Katie by Katie Davis.

Thanking God for His amazing grace today in allowing me to be mommy to three amazing kids and praying that I  stop taking the blessing of my children for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment