Sunday, November 11, 2012

month of {gratitude} day 9, 10, & 11


Yesterday my parents watched the kiddos so the hubs and I could have some date time before he goes out of town for a conference for a week. The day did not go as planned! On the way to my parents we realized we had an almost flat tire. So, after dropping off the kiddos we headed to Wal-Mart and found out we had to have the tire replaced. So, we wandered around Wal-Mart and chatted and had a nice time anyway. As soon as they were done we were starving and wanted to have lunch so we decided to head to O'Fallon to get some lunch. When we were almost to the restaurant we realized there was a really loud noise coming from our car. We pulled over and realized our brand new tire was completely flat!! It had been punctured! So, we had to put on the spare and drive to another Wal-Mart to have the tire replaced. Of course since it was a puncture and not their fault we had to pay for a second BRAND NEW TIRE! Two new tires... for the same spot! And then this Wal-Mart was busy and understaffed so it took a looooong time to get the new tire.

I am not going to lie... I was cranky! This was NOT how I intended to spend my relaxing date day with my husband. But, Nick kept a good attitude and tried to make our Wal-Mart time fun. He is just amazing. He also reminded me that because of some other circumstances recently we had the money easily to replace the tires when normally that would be a big strain on our budget!

We ended our date with a quick lunch (at almost 3 o'clock) before we had to go pick up the kids... But, oh my goodness, I am so thankful for my amazing husband. He makes the worst circumstances fun and has such a great attitude. So today, I am so thankful for him!

I wrote a little about our marriage a few weeks back but today I must just share how grateful I am for my husband!

My husband is an amazing father and husband. And one of the things I love most about him is his heart towards being a husband and father. He really struggled (and he will be the first to admit it) in his role as a husband and father at first. I think he just didn't really know what it looked like practically to be a loving and Godly husband and father. But, one of the things I love most about my husband is that he has always been so willing to learn and to try. He read books, asked questions, watched other families, and has just thrown himself into being an amazing dad and husband. I feel like God has worked in huge ways in my husband's life and he is a different man today than the one I married (and I really liked him when we got married! But, he is even more awesome today).

My husband loves our family so much. He loves each of us sacrificially and gives so much to us. He works hard at his job to provide for us and is always thinking about our future and our family when it comes to his job. I love his dedication to raising up Godly children for the Lord. He encourages me so much in homeschooling and is great at thinking long range for our family when I can only see the short term. After a long day at work he comes home and gives our family 110% until his head hits the pillow. He encourages me to take time away when I need a break and never makes me feel guilty for not getting everything done around the house... but instead is always asking what he can do to help.

God truly blessed me when he gave me Nick as my husband. I am thankful everyday for him. But, today, I can't help but feel overwhelmed.


No comments:

Post a Comment