Monday, December 3, 2012

70 degrees in December?

I don't know about the weather where you are but here it has been crazy. The past few days have been in the low 70s! Last night we had a picnic at the park! Today I just couldn't pass up the beautiful weather again so we decided to start school late and head to the park instead. Here are my little cuties ready to go...


(Max really was happy, not sure what that face was about!) We did get around to doing our school when we got back from the park. Actually, Sophie was really excited to start school because it was her first day to start her new Saxon Math Kindergarten program. As soon as we got our reading program she loved it and started begging to do math like her brother. I have heard that the Saxon Kindergarten program is really more like a preschool program so I decided to give it a try with her. She enjoyed her first day!
Actually, everyone enjoyed her first day! The boys loved playing with the pattern blocks too!


She also is still really enjoying the All About Reading Pre-Reading program. Here are some of her latest "masterpieces". 

We have been having lots of fun but I didn't really anticipate how much time it would add to be homeschooling two kiddos. Even though Sophie's lessons are all really simple they are actually more time consuming on my end than Max's stuff since I have to walk her through pretty much everything. But, I am thankful for her interest and it is something worth making the time for, for sure!

Happy Monday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. It's been way too warm here in CO for December too! Oh and I have an award waiting for you on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete