Monday, December 31, 2012

New Years Eve


Happy New Years Eve! I am sitting here drinking a cup of hot coffee and watching big puffy snowflakes fall to the ground. I can't help but reflect on the goodness of God this past year. He has been so faithful to me and to our little family. Not that everything has been perfect, but that he has been with us through all of it. Some major highlights of this year include...

Expecting our 4th child. I have always wanted to have a big family. But, over the past few years God has changed my heart from wanting a big family to wanting to raise up children who will grow up to love the Lord fiercely. The fact that God would choose two very imperfect people like Nick and I to raise such amazing children is beyond me. But, I am so thankful and am very excited to meet this newest little R in 2013.

Leading us to Peine Ridge Church. If we only would have known last January when we walked through the doors of PRC how God would use this church to change our hearts and lives I wouldn't have been able to believe it. Watching the change in our family through what we have learned this year has been an increadible blessing and the friendships we have made have blessed me so much this year. There are big changes on the horizon for PRC in 2013 and I feel blessed to be a part of what God is doing in our community.

Nick and I celebrated 7 years of marriage this year. I am so in love with my husband. God has been so faithful to us every year of our marriage but to stand back and see how far God has brought us is an amazing gift. I am so thankful how God has grown Nick and I not only as individuals but as a couple.

I could go on and on. But, right now I am just sitting here and soaking up the knowledge that God is good. I don't know what 2013 will hold. I can't begin to imagine what trials we might face and what joys we might encounter. But, I know without a doubt that God will be there with us through all of it, working all things out for his glory!

I pray that all of us will experience the closeness and faithfulness of God this new year! Happy 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment