Monday, January 28, 2013

Buffalo Toasted Ravioli

Okay, so if you aren't a St. Louis person you might wonder what I am even talking about. But, around these parts one thing we love almost as much as our provel cheese is toasted ravioli. Well, a local restaurant by my mom's decided to take their toasted ravioli to the next level... Buffalo Toasted Ravioli. Did you hear angels start singing when you read that? I can't help it. I love all things buffalo.

Well, my sister (the Little Chef as I like to call her... and then she gets mad at me... inside joke) anyhoo... she went home and recreated these babies. Actually, she posted the recipe on her blog yesterday! But, she mentioned she didn't take pictures of the process so I took it upon myself to do so. Because, you just can't keep a good thing to yourself. But, I still recommend checking out her post because she also posted a recipe for boneless bbq wings which I really NEED to try...

So, without further ado I give you....

To make you only need 3 things!... Well, 4 if you count dip, but Ranch dressing isn't so much an ingredient as it is a basic staple for life, am I right?
I think my sister uses Frank's Buffalo Sauce, and normally I would to, but this is what I had on hand. And it worked just dandy. I found my raviolis in the freezer section at Wally World.

You will need as many ravs as you want to cook (I went for 10), 1/3 C. of wing sauce, and 1/4 C. butter (melted).

1. Cook ravioli according to package directions
2. Add buffalo sauce and melted butter
3. Stir, or use my sisters shake method!
Serve with ranch dressing or bleu cheese... or whatever else toots your horn. These would be a great app to take to a Super Bowl party this weekend. Or just make them for yourself at 9:30 at night and eat them in your p.j.s... not that I do that...

*Note: I made these again for lunch today and didn't feel like having them quite as hot. I used a little more melted butter than hot sauce... so play with the ratio however you like to find out what toots your horn!

Linking up today at The Better Mom and Women Living Well!

5 comments:

  1. um. two of my favorite things just merged. hot sauce and ravioli. i'm so excited to try this!!! thanks for sharing!!! and to your sister for recreating ♥ seriously. its 7am, and i wanna make them now! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with ya! I think I could eat hot sauce any time of day!

      Delete
  2. I think I will bring them to the next party I go to in a crock pot... I think that would work!

    ReplyDelete