Friday, January 18, 2013

Random Friday

Yay! I am welcoming this Friday with wide open arms! I am weekend ready! It has been kind of a long week (not sure why)... plus this weekend is going to be ledgen... wait for it... DARY (who caught my How I Met Your Mother reference?)...

But, seriously, I am excited. Tomorrow morning is my Sprinkle/Baby Shower that my sister is having for me. I am very excited to get to hang out with a few of my friends and some of the ladies in my family. I love getting to celebrate a new baby! Then Saturday afternoon we are having my Grandma's birthday lunch. We have a tradition of doing a girl's lunch for all of the ladies on their birthdays on my mom's side. So, I am very excited to celebrate my fabulous Grandma!

Sunday afternoon/evening Nick and I are going out for my birthday date! It is almost a month early but with the baby due so close to my birthday I didn't want to chance missing out on my birthday time with the hubs. We are going to go to see Les Mis (which I have been dying to see) and are going out to dinner. Not sure where we will do dinner. I had a lot of fun resteraunts in mind but I am at the stage where I take 3 bites and am full so I am not sure if I want to waste money going somewhere that I can't really enjoy the food! So, we will see!

And then on Monday my husband has the day off! Woo hoo! I think we will probably work on some of our pre-baby checklist stuff done. I am really looking forward to the time together.

Yesterday I had my last ultrasound. Baby weighs about 5 poounds, 9 ounces and is head down and doing great. It was so fun to see him at this point. The tech said it looks like he has lots of hair which is great... we just love our little hairy monkey babies! They did a few 3-D shots which was neat, but he was so crammed in there and he had his arm over his face most of the time so it was hard to really see much. But, we will get to see him soon enough!

In other randomness...

  • Scout is at the groomers today. He was long overdue for a haircut. Although sadly, I think I keep up on his better than my own...
  • I actually slept really well last night... so I am feeling good today. Maybe it was the brownie I had right before bed?... probably not...
  • I found really excited to find some nice button up p.j.s at Target this week. I like to wear p.j.s with buttons for nursing after the baby is born but it can be hard to find ones that are somewhat cute and a nice fabric. These ones are great. I might have to go back and grab another pair...
  • I am hoping to pack my hospital bag this week... since I have had a baby at 36 weeks before I like to be prepared!
Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment