I also didn't want to be too hard on myself since I know that I will be making an adjustment to being a mom of 4 young kiddos early on in the year. So, a lot of my resolutions are focused more towards simplicity and being home. I separated my resolutions/goals into 3 categories, Spiritual, Family/Home Life, and Just for me.
So, without further ado... here is my list of resolutions for 2013.
- Continue having a daily quiet time and focus on meditating on God's Word and prayer
- Build relationships within our new Peine Family
- Take part in our church's discipleship movement by discipling my neighbor
- Continue to read good books on God, marriage and parenting (I will share my list below)
- When it comes to serving, evangelism, and new friendships, try to choose things that can be done from my home and with my family and children
- Pray for at least one person who is not yet saved every day
- Live within and stick to our new family budget
- Focus on having lots of normal "home days" throughout the week
- Facilitate fun/simple family memories throughout the year
- Keep our schedule light, keeping family time a priority
- Keep up with housekeeping better by daily keeping the kitchen clean and keeping up with laundry
- Make daily reading time with the kiddos a priority
Just for me:
- Keep working to kick the Diet Coke habit (I haven't had one in almost 2 weeks!)
- Focus on eating more whole/healthy foods
- Read a few books just for fun this year (I haven't read a just for fun book in over a year and it is something I have always enjoyed)
Of course all of these resolutions are God willing. I am happy to turn in whatever direction he has for me this year.
Here are the books on nightstand that I am hoping to read for personal growth this year: