Saturday, January 5, 2013

New Year's Resolutions

I really enjoy making New Year's Resolutions. A new year just feels so full of hope and like the perfect opportunity for a fresh start. This year when thinking about resolutions I tried to focus on what I felt God had already put on my heart to be doing.

I also didn't want to be too hard on myself since I know that I will be making an adjustment to being a mom of 4 young kiddos early on in the year. So, a lot of my resolutions are focused more towards simplicity and being home. I separated my resolutions/goals into 3 categories, Spiritual, Family/Home Life, and Just for me.

So, without further ado... here is my list of resolutions for 2013.

Spiritual:

  • Continue having a daily quiet time and focus on meditating on God's Word and prayer
  • Build relationships within our new Peine Family
  • Take part in our church's discipleship movement by discipling my neighbor
  • Continue to read good books on God, marriage and parenting (I will share my list below)
  • When it comes to serving, evangelism, and new friendships, try to choose things that can be done from my home and with my family and children
  • Pray for at least one person who is not yet saved every day
Family/Home Life:
  • Live within and stick to our new family budget
  • Focus on having lots of normal "home days" throughout the week
  • Facilitate fun/simple family memories throughout the year
  • Keep our schedule light, keeping family time a priority
  • Keep up with housekeeping better by daily keeping the kitchen clean and keeping up with laundry
  • Make daily reading time with the kiddos a priority
Just for me:
  • Keep working to kick the Diet Coke habit (I haven't had one in almost 2 weeks!)
  • Focus on eating more whole/healthy foods
  • Read a few books just for fun this year (I haven't read a just for fun book in over a year and it is something I have always enjoyed)
Of course all of these resolutions are God willing. I am happy to turn in whatever direction he has for me this year. 

Here are the books on nightstand that I am hoping to read for personal growth this year:

I still need a marriage book. Anyone have any recommendations?

Linking up at The Modest Mom and The Better Mom!

1 comment:

  1. Love your list!! My recommendation would be Love and Respect, I haven't read it but heard it's amazing - it's on my 2013 reading list.

    I'd love for you to link up with my book hop when you have the chance, if you want!

    Marissa
    http://forfunreadinglist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete