Sunday, January 13, 2013

Random Friday... on a Sunday...

I am a little behind on my random Friday post. I spent all day Friday in bed. I woke up feeling really icky, sore throat, runny nose, achey... so the hubs offered to stay home and hold down the fort while I stayed in bed. And I stayed in bed ALL DAY! But, it paid off because I woke up Saturday feeling much better except for a little runny nose.

So, without further ado.. let the real randomness begin...

  • We are on our second cycle of our new budget and it is going really well. I have actually texted Nick a few times to tell him how much I love our budget! And if you know me at all you know that that is HUGE! But, I think for me it is easier to ration the money for different categories over a two week period rather than for the month.
  • I made my official pre-baby to-do list...the hubs actually appreciates my lists but I am the first to admit that this one is a little random including things like packing my hospital bag (logical) to organizing the linen closet (maybe a little off topic).
  • I have my last ultrasound this week. I am really hoping that the baby is head down now. At the last one he was sideways...
  • At church this morning Jack was acting a little bit under the weather so we decided we better not send him back to the nursery. He was a total rockstar and sat on Nick's lap the whole time and never made a fuss. It was pretty awesome to have our whole family sitting together at church.
  • My cousin has a fun blog and has challenged herself to post some of her own drawings on her blog every week. I am uber impressed (since my stick figures are usually pretty wonky). She also posts about other craftiness, marriage, etc.. check out Amanda's blog here!
  • This week is my freezer meal swap with a few of my girlfriends. I decided to make one oldie but goodie (stuffed shells) and one new recipe (red beans and rice). I will post the recipe if it turns out to be amazing.
  • Speaking of recipes... dinner tonight is these no-peek beef tips. My house smells amazing right now as these are cooking away in the oven!
Here are a few iPhone pics from this week!
Not sure what was going on here....

Last weekend we had lunch at Pizza Pro, our favorite pizza place... I love their buffalo chicken pizza!

Jack drinking the milk from his cereal

Playing a little Skip-Bo with the hubs... he totally beat me...

The kiddos like the new chalkboard in the kitchen

The official 34 week shot

Yesterday, the big kids went to a birthday party and Jack and I went to lunch with  my mom, grandma, and aunt. I think he had fun but he looks pretty serious in this shot.

And of course a post wouldn't be complete without a pic of the furry children!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment