Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

First, I have to give a big shout out and thank you to all of the men and women who serve and have served our country. I do not take for granted the fact that I live in a free country and have the opportunity to worship Jesus freely and openly. I am forever grateful to those who have died so that my family and I can enjoy the life that we have. What an amazing blessing.

I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. When I think Memorial Day I think: bar-b-ques! Is it bad that I immediately think food? Ha! I just wanted to share a few cute ideas that I found on Pinterest if you are looking for some summer foods to take to your next cook out or pool party! These were both delicious, easy, and fun.... the perfect combination!

First off is these Funfetti Blondies. How cute are they? Anything with white chocolate chips and sprinkles just shouts; "celebration time". And they are SO yummy!

 Here is the link to the recipe for these, http://www.beantownbaker.com/2011/05/funfetti-blondies.html
And how genius was this little idea? I used a little star cookie cutter to make star shaped watermelon pieces! Super festive and easy! And who doesn't love watermelon? I think you will be seeing these babies again on the 4th of July and possibly at a certain someone's first birthday soiree! 

This was my inspiration, http://pinterest.com/pin/30104549/
I don't know about you, but to me Memorial day says that "summer is here". From this day forward you will most likely find me playing outside with the kids or hanging by the pool! I love summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment